Click here to Expand or Close
However, it can be argued that despite these bleak economic conditions, the VC industry is now presented with a unique chance to change the game. Through industry consolidation, realistic fundraising benchmarks, and newfound strategies to achieve required milestones to accelerate portfolio company growth, we can continue to serve the entrepreneurial partner and preserve the U.S.’s position as a global leader and innovator.
Now more than ever, our community must gather to re-define the VC model and identify the critical issues impacting our industry. The venture capital business is a hallmark of our country’s leadership position in driving innovation and fostering entrepreneurship and it is imperative that we continue to unite to share strategies on how to nurture start-up growth.
As we celebrate the 20th Annual celebration of the IBF Venture Capital Investing Conference, June 3-5 at The Palace Hotel in San Francisco, CA, myself and other leading industry VC experts will unite to outline the models for success that have worked for our industry in past decades, as well as provide leadership insight on how to conquer through down cycles and capitalize on new opportunities.
Conference topics include:
- Re-Defining the Venture Model: Views From The Valley (State of The Industry)
- Monitoring The Managers: Performance Expectations In Today’s Market
- Moving Goalposts: Shifting The Required Milestones To Accelerate Portfolio Company Growth
- The Impact Of Continued Globalization: How Will Silicon Valley and the U.S. Keep Up
- Back To The Future: Then & Now From VC Veterans
- Exit Strategies In The Wake of The Wall Street Death
- It’s A Small World: Global Partnership Models For GP Fund Managers
- Surviving The Long Winter: Leadership Styles To Nurture Portfolio Companies In An Economic Downturn
- The Valuation Situation
- Creative Financing Strategies Through Fluctuating Market Conditions
- Limited Partners Speak Out On The Survival VC Asset Class
- Institutional Investor Views On The Changed Face of Venture Capital
- LP Benchmarking & Performance Expectations
- Fundraising: The New Criteria For Your Next Fund
- The Secondary Market
- Predictions From LPs & GPs On The Future of Venture Capital: Forecasting The Road Ahead
I look forward to greeting you at the conference in June.
Co-Founder & General Partner Top
Uniting over 400 of the most active venture capitalists, limited partners and private equity investors representing over a $trillion in capital.
Providing the unique opportunity to hear leading-edge strategies on investing strategies, maximizing returns, best practices, industry trends, ensuring successful fundraising and optimizing exits. Planned with the assistance of our prestigious advisory board, the IBF Venture Capital Investing conference boasts an unparalleled nineteen-year history for quality of program and seniority of speakers and attendees. This venture capital conference unites the most active venture investors and institutional investors representing over a $trillion in capital.
Audience Profile:Venture capitalists, institutional investors, corporate investors, limited partners, pension funds, endowments and foundations and other private equity investors.
Listen to Video Testimonials:
For more 2008 videos